[jp] no jpilot for user

Jason Day jasonday at worldnet.att.net
Tue Sep 13 09:17:10 EDT 2005

On Sun, Sep 11, 2005 at 09:28:39PM -0700, Richard wrote:
> Further f/u:  I found the file in ~/.kde/share/config, as just gtkrc, without
> the leading period.  When commenting out the apparently offending line and
> trying to re-run jpilot I get 15 lines of
>
> read_header() error
>
> and then a segmentation fault.

J-Pilot is trying to read one or more .pdb files and failing.  Make sure
the permissions on your ~/.jpilot directory and all files and
directories in it are sane.

Assuming the permissions are ok, make sure you don't have conflicting
versions of pilot-link or jpilot installed.  By that I means you should
only have one instance of jpilot and pilot-link installed (use rpm -qa
|grep pilot) and nothing installed manually in /usr/local.

And finally, make sure the .pdb files themselves are not corrupt,  but
this is unlikely if you were previously using them with 9.2

HTH,
Jason

    -- Weyoun-6, Star Trek: Deep Space 9