[jp] no jpilot for user

Richard rick47 at adelphia.net
Mon Sep 12 00:28:39 EDT 2005

On Sunday September 11,2005 1:31 pm, Jason Day wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 11, 2005 at 11:33:59AM -0700, Richard wrote:
> > Have installed jpilot in Suse 9.3, i386.  Root can open and run, but I
> > have not tried to sync here.  As a user, I cannot open without the
> > following error:
> > gtkrc:37: error: unexpected identifier `gtk-alternative-button-order',
> > expected keyword - e.g. `style'
>
> This isn't a fatal error, nor is it specific to jpilot.  GTK is
> complaining about the `gtk-alternative-button-order' pref in line 37 of
> your ~/.gtkrc file.  You can get rid of this error by deleting this line
> or commenting it out (put a # at the start of the line).
>
> Does jpilot run as normal after you get this error?
>
> Jason

Further f/u:  I found the file in ~/.kde/share/config, as just gtkrc, without
the leading period.  When commenting out the apparently offending line and
trying to re-run jpilot I get 15 lines of

read_header() error

and then a segmentation fault.

Any other clues?  Meaning, does this give you any more ideas, because I am
certainly lost.  I would be willing to revert to my 9.2 Suse, as jpilot was a
primary app for me that I used daily, often several times daily.

Thanks again,  Richard