[jp] bug report

jchristy1 jchristy1 at austin.rr.com
Sun Sep 11 18:27:21 EDT 2005

Hi Mikkel,
Thanks for the info!
I changed File => Preferences => Settings => Serial Port  to /dev/pilot
and wrote wrote a shell script to do: ls -l /dev/pilot every second and
discovered that /dev/pilot gets created and points to /dev/ttyUSB1 but
/dev/ttyUSB1 never gets created if it does it does not stick around for
more than a second.  I checked /etc/udev/rules.d/custom.rule  which says:

BUS="usb" SYSFS{product}="Palm Handheld*" KERNEL="ttyUSB*"
SYMLINK="pilot" MODE="666" KERNEL="ttyUSB*" SYMLINK="pilot"

If I make the devices myself, it will sync fine.
John