[jp] OT a bit: Future of Palm

Karl Schmidt karl at xtronics.com
Fri Sep 9 00:06:35 EDT 2005

Just got a Treo 600 and was looking around and saw this link:

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000840053340/

Sounds like Palm has gone over to the dark side in between changing their name
back and forth. Brand extension is almost always a bad idea - and it looks like
Palm is about to destroy the Treo name while they are at it. I was wondering
what was up as T-mobile no longer advertises any Palm devices.

I hope this phone lasts a while, but it looks like my next phone will be Linux
based.

But how much of a PDA will these phones be?

My hunch is that the phone business will steer the PDA to the same end.

There are several Linux based phones that are supposed to hit the streets in the
US in late '05 and into '06 (most Linux phones have been sold overseas to date).

Karl Schmidt                         EMail Karl at xtronics.com
Transtronics, Inc.    		       WEB http://xtronics.com
3209 West 9th Street                    Ph (785) 841-3089
Lawrence, KS 66049                     FAX (785) 841-0434

Merchandise offered without price,
is sure to cost more than it is worth.  -kps