[jp] Address printing problem

Colin Brough Colin.Brough at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Sep 5 11:49:59 EDT 2005

> Well, as much as I'd like to have the prining code sorted out I'd rather
> you not have to suffer with a stress related illness.  Hope you get some
> relief.

It was meant to be a joke - take memo to self, never joke on e-mail -
too confusing!

> What about the option of sending printing through an external program the
> way the email client Sylpheed does it?  I send my Sylpheed output to the
> printer through enscript and can control the margins etc. as I need to.

The whole problem is that the current PostScript output doesn't
contain the DSC (Document Structuring Convention) comments and
constraints that allow other programs to encapsulate it, reset
margins, etc.

The only thing I've thought of that might help would be to:

 - save the jpilot output to a file (eg jpilot1.ps)

 - run 'ps2ps' on it: ps2ps jpilot1.ps jpilot2.ps

 - this gives you a file with an extra blank page on the end, but it
   does at least now conform to the DSC; if you load this into 'gv'
   you can mark the first page and then 'save marked pages' to get a
   final 'jpilot3.ps' file which is what you wanted in the first
   place...

HTH

Cheers

Colin