[jp] compiling failure

Donn Washburn n5xwb at hal-pc.org
Sat Sep 3 13:20:01 EDT 2005

Judd Montgomery wrote:
> Donn Washburn wrote:
>
>>Hey Group;
>>
>>A couple on month ago I was asking if anyone on this list could answer
>>why I could not get jpilot (any rev.) to compile.
>>The answer came from my U of Tex Computer Sci. Grad. nephew.  He looks
>>at the file otherconv.c and finds "strnlen"
>>and says "It is an inline function" and the problem was coming from SuSE
>>9.3's linker
>>___________________________________________________________
>>:~> /usr/bin/ld --version
>>GNU ld version 2.15.94.0.2.2 20041220 (SuSE Linux)
>>Copyright 2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
>>This program is free software; you may redistribute it under the terms of
>>the GNU General Public License.  This program has absolutely no warranty.
>>
>>He commented out using "/*G_INLINE_FUNC*/" the G_INLINE_FUNC and solved
>>the problem.
>>
>>Jpilot now compiles on a SuSE 9.3 stock compiler.  Better Yet - it also
>>works.
>>

> :-/
> Sorry, we tried to tell you that [1].  We ended up taking it out in CVS
> because it was too problematic.  I am glad you finally got it working!
>
> [1] http://lists.jpilot.org/pipermail/jpilot/2005-June/005131.html
>
> Judd
Thanks Judd;

It seems that I upgrade all kinds of things including qt and gtk.
  I am not a programmer.  I am a systems person.
However, living here near Houston, TX about the onlly thing
people know about computers is where the "Start" button is.

--
73 de Donn Washburn  Hpage: " http://www.hal-pc.org/~n5xwb "
Ham Callsign N5XWB    Email  : " n5xwb at hal-pc.org "