[jp] compiling failure

Donn Washburn n5xwb at hal-pc.org
Fri Sep 2 22:39:35 EDT 2005

Hey Group;

A couple on month ago I was asking if anyone on this list could
answer why I could not get jpilot (any rev.) to compile.
The answer came from my U of Tex Computer Sci. Grad. nephew.  He
looks at the file otherconv.c and finds "strnlen"
and says "It is an inline function" and the problem was coming
from SuSE 9.3's linker
:~> /usr/bin/ld --version
GNU ld version 2.15.94.0.2.2 20041220 (SuSE Linux)
This program is free software; you may redistribute it under the
terms of
the GNU General Public License.  This program has absolutely no
warranty.

He commented out using "/*G_INLINE_FUNC*/" the G_INLINE_FUNC and
solved the problem.

Jpilot now compiles on a SuSE 9.3 stock compiler.  Better Yet -
it also works.

--
73 de Donn Washburn  Hpage: " http://www.hal-pc.org/~n5xwb "
Ham Callsign N5XWB    Email  : " n5xwb at hal-pc.org "