[jp] Restoring and .pc3 files

Judd Montgomery judd at jpilot.org
Thu Oct 27 23:15:39 EDT 2005

martin f krafft wrote:
> [Please CC me on replies]
>
> I just got a replacement Palm (OS 4.2) and tried to restore my
> DatebookDB to it. While waiting for the replacement, I was using
> jpilot as before, so the .pc3 file is non-empty.
>
> Since some backups are corrupt, I am trying to restore from the .pdb
> file in ~/.jpilot/. If I transfer them to the Palm, everything seems
> fine.
>
> If I then sync with jpilot, however, all .pc3 records are purged
> from jpilot, rather than transferred to the Palm.
>
> What gives? How can I solve this and have the records in the .pc3
> file(s) transferred to the Palm?

This is not the expected behaviour, however, you installed an older
Datebook, which may be different in some way.  Maybe those records were
modified and didn't exist in the older datebook?  I would expect new
records to get synced to the Palm.

You could try putting the pc3 files back and syncing again.  If that
doesn't work then with only the pc3 files in place you could export them
and then reimport them and sync.

Judd