[jp] Difference between "stock-buttons" and any others

Ludovic Rousseau ludovic.rousseau at free.fr
Sun Nov 20 08:38:50 EST 2005

Le Saturday 19 November 2005 à 21:04:21, John Shane a écrit:
> On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 18:16:30 +0100
> Ludovic Rousseau <ludovic.rousseau at free.fr> wrote:
>

> > You have gtk2-devel but not gtk-devel. If you want to use GTK+2 (and it
> > is a good choice) just use:
> > $ ./configure --enable-gtk2 --enable-stock-buttons
> >
> > --enable-stock-buttons will give you nice buttons with icons.
>
> Wouldn't "stock buttons" be the default?

When I added support for GTK+ stock buttons it was the default option.
Judd changed [1] that and now default is without stock buttons.

> What is different that they have to be enabled during configure?

I started a discussion [2] about using icons or not on the jpilot-devel
mailing list. The problem Judd had with GTK+ stock buttons is that the
button label is defined by GTK+ so the "New record" button is now
"New". But I should let Judd explain himself what he does not like.

> I tried building a Suse 9.3 rpm with stock buttons enabled but don't
> see any difference.  Does enabling GTK2 affect the buttons in any way?
> John

Look at the screenshoot at [3]. Look at the Delete, Copy and New buttons
on the upper right corner.
You need to use GTK2 to have these buttons with icons.

Bye,

[1] http://www.jpilot.org/pipermail/jpilot-devel/2005-October/000806.html
[2] http://www.jpilot.org/pipermail/jpilot-devel/2005-August/000746.html
[3] http://ludovic.rousseau.free.fr/softwares/jpilot/index.html

 Dr. Ludovic Rousseau                        Ludovic.Rousseau at free.fr
 -- Normaliser Unix c'est comme pasteuriser le camembert, L.R. --