[jp] Fedora Core 4 troubles

Bill Gurley gurley at ion.chem.utk.edu
Wed Jun 22 13:45:12 EDT 2005

Now I'm puzzled about why it's working for Howard and not for me.

Could this error be a clue:

dlp_OpenConduit() failed
Sync canceled
Exiting with status SYNC_ERROR_OPEN_CONDUIT

How can I check to see if there is something else trying to be a conduit?

I did have kdepim stuff installed, but have removed all of these packages:

kdepim kdepim-devel kdeaddons kdesdk kdesdk-devel kdevelop

I will try Judd's suggestions, using cvs, but would prefer to resolve
this if possible.

Thanks.

Howard Cheng wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Jun 2005, Bill Gurley wrote:
>

>>Hello:
>>
>>A recent message from Howard Cheng mentioned his problems with jpilot
>>under Fedora Core 4.  I too am having problems, but mine are different.
>>
>>I've been using jpilot and redhat/fedora for many years.  Most recently,
>>it was working fine with Fedora Core 3.  My home machine is still FC3,
>>so I can sync there ok.  But after I upgraded my office machine to FC4,
>>I have not been able to sync successfully.  This is still true after the
>>latest updates.
>>
>>Here are packages I have installed:
>>
>>[root at mars ~]# rpm -qa |grep pilot
>>pilot-link-0.12.0-0.pre3.0.fc4.1
>>pilot-link-devel-0.12.0-0.pre3.0.fc4.1
>>jpilot-0.99.8-0.pre9.fc4.1
>>gnome-pilot-2.0.13-2
>

> An update: after I upgraded to the packages above and synced from my
> pilot to an empty .jpilot directory, everything is working again on
> FC4.
>
> Howard
>
> ---
> Howard Cheng                 e-mail: cheng at cs.uleth.ca
> Assistant Professor          URL   : http://www.cs.uleth.ca/~cheng/
> Dept of Math and CS          Phone : (403) 329-2182
> University of Lethbridge     Fax   : (403) 317-2882
> Alberta, Canada

-Bill-