[jp] Out of memory Errors

Kurt Wall kwall at speakeasy.net
Wed Jun 15 18:51:13 EDT 2005

It's 0.12.0-pre3.

> You might have corrupted files in the ~/.jpilot directory.  You can try
> removing the pdb files and pc3 files.  This of course will remove your
> local data.  I suspect the pc3 files are corrupt.  If you are on a 64-bit
> machine an older jpilot would have written incompatible pc3 files.

32-bit box. As it happens, that solved the problem. I don't think I
had too much local data that wasn't already on the Palm. I can sort
out what's missing with pilot-link utilities and some clever scripting,
I think.

> > I'm not sure if this is a local problem or something more general.
> > Googling didn't turn up anything that seemed relevant. Might someone
> > please apply a clue club to the side of my head?
> >
> Whack - Debian :-)  Slackware if you enjoy doing things yourself.

I'm a Slackware guy from way back. Alas, I needed to run Fedora Core to
update a book. I'll be happy to go back to Slackware in another week
or so.

Thanks for the quick reply. BTW, you and I have a mutual acquaintance
in Steve Hill.

Kurt