[jp] Restore handheld?

Mark Blakeney mark.blakeney at bullet-systems.net
Sun Jun 5 18:03:04 EDT 2005

On Sun, 5 Jun 2005 22:12, David A. Desrosiers wrote:
> > % pilot-xfer -m ~/.jpilot/*.pc3
>
> The .pc3 files are J-Pilot-specific, and pilot-link has no idea what
> to do with them, so this won't do anything.

Thanks David, but I guess I knew that and I am really asking why? Or how
can I "merge" these *.pc3 entries which are the updates I have made in
jpilot since my last sync? (these command lines are "pseudo-code" for
what I am trying to do).

By doing a "Restore from Handheld" and then a normal sync shouldn't I be
seeing the same effect as I describe above? As I said, this doesn't work
properly, I get some old records left around. What is the recommended
way to restore a fully reset palm when you have an old jpilot backup
plus more recent syncs?

--
Mark Blakeney.