[jp] Fedora Core 4 - garbage with sync

Rubens Mau rubensmau at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 16:06:36 EDT 2005

Hi,

I read the latest emails on jpilot with FC4. I tried downloading the
newest versions, compiling, but  it reamins with the same problem, that
I don't have when I use FC3 ( dual boot machine ).  I compiled in FC4
jpilot and pilot-link -newest versions.
Let me  summarize :

- I delete the .jpilot directory, and sync the first time. I download
correctly  all data from palm to the PC
- I change a record in the PC. After sync, this data is presented
correctly in Palm
- if i delete a record in the Palm, it is deleted correctly in the PC

- BUT , if  I change something in the Palm, this data does not appear in
the PC , or it comes as garbage. See a ToDo record add -  sync

error messages with debugging:

otherconv.c:other_to_UTF converting   []
otherconv.c:other_to_UTF converted to []
(...)
(jpilot:3849): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_check_menu_item_set_active:
assertion `GTK_IS_CHECK_MENU_ITEM (check_menu_item)' failed
set_new_button_to new 1 old 1
entries_shown=2
set_new_button_to new 1 old 1
Category is not legal