[jp] zire 72 and jpilot

Hilkiah Lavinier hilkiah at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 8 09:28:13 EDT 2005

I got the zire after I upgraded to FC4.  However, I
cannot get the zire to work on my home machine (no
irda, only usb) on FC3.

Also, I've gotten the no/null user message also.

The previous messages suggested installing from CVS so
i'm gonna try that.

Regards,
Hilkiah

--- John Russell <john at russell6.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 2005-07-07 at 13:27 -0700, Hilkiah Lavinier
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I recently upgraded to a zire 72.  Prior to this I
> > used a sony clie.  All used to be well with the
> clie,
> > but i have been unable to get the zire 72 to sync
> with
> > jpilot under FC4.  I've tried using the usb cable
> as
> > well as irda.  on the handheld, the sync process
> stays
> > on ' identifying user' and then the error message.
>
> > however if i run the memos command from the sh,
> all
> > goes well.
> >
> > is this a known issue with zire72/FC4?
> I am having the same problem with a Palm Vx.  Did
> the clie work in FC4?
>

> --
> John Russell <john at russell6.com>

HILKIAH G. LAVINIER MEng, ACGI
6 Winston Lane, Goodwill, Roseau, Dominica

Tel: (767) 500 3382 / (767) 440 3924
Fax: (215) 902 4208 or
     (767) 500 0313
Mbl: (767) 275 0667