[jp] GNU/Keyring plugin buglets

David A. Desrosiers hacker at gnu-designs.com
Fri Jan 28 09:48:04 EST 2005

> May it be a bug in the new pilot-link you are using?

	No, it is not.

	If I copy my Keys-Gtkr.pdb file to a machine running a
pristine "older" copy of jpilot 0.99.7, compiled against 0.11.8 or
packaged with 0.11.8, the same problems occur. In the log window, I
see the following

	charset_p2j: buffer too small - string had to be truncated
	to <garbage here>

	And the category dropdown has garbage for every category.

	I'm not sure when this changed, but my Keys-Gtkr.pdb, even
from backups of 6 months ago, now show up as trash/garbage in J-Pilot.

David A. Desrosiers
desrod at gnu-designs.com
http://gnu-designs.com