[jp] GNU/Keyring plugin buglets

Ludovic Rousseau ludovic.rousseau at free.fr
Fri Jan 28 08:06:15 EST 2005

Le Thursday 27 January 2005 à 10:13:39, David A. Desrosiers a écrit:
> 	I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing the following two
> small bugs with the GNU/Keyring plugin in J-Pilot:
>
> 	1.) Using v1.2.2 or v1.2.3 of GNU/Keyring, I am unable to
> 	    synchronize categories across. The categories on the Palm
> 	    side are fine, and readable, but in J-Pilot, they're 8-bit
> 	    trash.

I am using GNU/Keyring v1.2.3 and jpilot 0.99.8-pre7 and don't have this
problem.

I created a new category on the Palm (even using non ASCII characters)
and the category name was synchronised in J-Pilot (with the correct non
ASCII characters).

Maybe you are using a wrong charset in J-Pilot?

> 	2.) The proposed solution to fix this (before I dive into the
> 	    code and fix it myself), is to remove
> 	    ~/.jpilot/Keys-Gtkr.pdb and ~/.jpilot/Keys-Gtkr.pc3, and
> 	    synchronize again. This doesn't work at all, and complains
> 	    with the following error:
>
> 		lastSyncPC = 1294473423
> 		This PC = 1294473423
> 		Doing a fast sync.
> 		Syncing Keys-Gtkr
> 		Unable to open file: /home/foo/.jpilot/Keys-Gtkr.pdb
> 		Finished.
>
> 	    Hitting F6 to open the plugin, returns the following,
> 	    every time it is hit:
>
> 	    KeyRing: file /home/foo/.jpilot/Keys-Gtkr.pdb not found.
> 	    KeyRing: Try Syncing.
>
> 	    I can pull Keys-Gtkr.pdb from the Palm, using pilot-xfer,
> 	    and put it into ~/.jpilot, and then interact with the
> 	    plugin, but categories are still trashed.

Another solution is to change the pc_id in ~/.jpilot/jpilot.rc to force
a slow sync and get the full file.

> 	Has anyone else been experiencing these issues?

No. Except that a slow sync with a missing ~/.jpilot/Keys-Gtkr.pdb
fails until a full sync is performed. Maybe we should provide an empty
Keys-Gtkr.pdb in jpilot/empty/? Judd, any better idea?

Regards,

 Dr. Ludovic Rousseau                        Ludovic.Rousseau at free.fr
 -- Normaliser Unix c'est comme pasteuriser le camembert, L.R. --