[jp] Categories in Datebook

Adam Richard g4c9z at unb.ca
Wed Jan 26 21:30:41 EST 2005

Quoting "Mikkel L. Ellertson" <mikkel at access4less.net>:

> Adam Richard wrote:
> > Quoting "Mikkel L. Ellertson" <mikkel at access4less.net>:

> >>kernel at

> >>You are missing what he is saying - J-Pilot works with stock kernels,
> >>but not necessarly with patched kernels. So, if you are using a patched
> >>kernel, and J-Pilot doesn't work for you, you have to provide details if
> >>you want anyone to try and fix it. And it may be the people that created
> >>the patch that have to fix things, because their patch broke something...
> >

> > OK.  Is it only when the patch to the kernel is broken that J-Pilot doesn't work?
> >

> You tell me - if J-Pilot works with the stock kernel, but not with the
> patched kernel, what changed to stop J-Pilot from working?

It's almost certainly the patch's fault in that case, of course.  I just didn't
understand why you thought patched kernels are the #1 cause of synchronization "bugs",
as I expect that the majority of kernel patches work properly (I might be wrong), and
even if they don't the chance that they affect J-Pilot seems minimal.  I thought maybe
you meant J-Pilot makes some kind of assumption about the address location of code in
the kernel or something which wouldn't be a valid assumption if there's extra stuff
patched into the kernel.