[jp] transient usb serial nodes on Fedora 3

Judd Montgomery judd at jpilot.org
Wed Jan 26 20:15:23 EST 2005

G. Vincent Castellano wrote:
> David A. Desrosiers wrote:
>
>>     The solution isn't to keep the nodes around, the solution is to
>> hit HotSync on the Palm first, then click on "Sync" on J-Pilot. This
>> is how it works.
>

> Except that this doesn't work for me with the latest jpilot/pilot-link
> (pre-)releases, and I need to chase this down with the JPilot people.
> Thanks everyone for your assistance.

J-Pilot used to loop and wait for the device to exist back before
pilot-link did.  When pilot-link added this it always caused me
problems.  I figured it has been in pilot-link long enough that I
dropped it from the JP CVS.  There is no need for to jpilot to loop
calling pilot-link, which is looping and waiting itself.  I'm not sure
if this is causing your problems, but I thought I'd mention it.

Judd