[jp] transient usb serial nodes on Fedora 3

Julia Christianson juliac at patriot.net
Wed Jan 26 13:43:27 EST 2005

G. Vincent Castellano wrote:
> I have a Zire 72 which I am using with an IBM T23 running Fedora core 3.
> (jpilot/pilot-xfer version info at end.  In  order to be able to sync, I
> first need to create the USB serial device nodes:

I was having similar issues with my Tungsten E until I upgraded the
kernel to 2.6.10-1.741_FC3  It was a problem with udev fixed a couple of
nightly builds before this one.  My "serial port" is set blank in
Preferences.  Also, one needs to initiate the sync from the palm (to get
udev to create the proper usb nodes) before asking jpilot to sync.

-- Julia