[jp] transient usb serial nodes on Fedora 3

David A. Desrosiers hacker at gnu-designs.com
Wed Jan 26 12:48:16 EST 2005

> I have a Zire 72 which I am using with an IBM T23 running Fedora
> core 3. (jpilot/pilot-xfer version info at end.  In order to be able
> to sync, I first need to create the USB serial device nodes:

	udev should be handling this for you, see my message[1] on how
to solve this for SuSE back a few months ago.

> Date compiled Jan 24 2005 22:24:32
> Compiled with these options:
>  Installed Path - /usr/local
>  pilot-link version - 0.12.0

	J-Pilot doesn't work with 0.12.0-pre1 as yet, unless there's
been a release with the proper API changes to make it compatible. The
0.12.0-pre1 release announcement[2] mentioned this.

[1] http://lists.pilot-link.org/pipermail/pilot-link-general/2004-November/002120.html
[2] http://www.pilot-link.org/node/129

David A. Desrosiers
desrod at gnu-designs.com