[jp] Categories in Datebook

David A. Desrosiers hacker at gnu-designs.com
Sat Jan 22 23:37:29 EST 2005

> I've had a Treo 300 and 650, both allow categories in the Datebook
> (calendar).  When I use the category field in my Treo .. it is not
> erased after a synch (that is good) .. However I would every so
> dearly like to modify that field in JPilot.

	Your Treo devices use the new PIM applications, which are not
supported by pilot-link (and hence, J-Pilot) at this time.

> Any hints on this (other than hacking through the code and doing it
> myself)?

	If you're going to start hacking on the code, help us
reverse-engineer the data formats on irc (or through our pilot-link
development mailing lists).

	I've started some books on pilot-link.org, in the hopes of
documenting and collecting ALL of this in one solid place. Feel free
to contribute what you can do the effort:

	http://www.pilot-link.org/pimapi

	We have Contacts fully decoded at this point, Calendar is the
next large one, and Tasks/Memos should be fairly straightforward after
that... until Palm changes it again.

David A. Desrosiers
desrod at gnu-designs.com
http://gnu-designs.com