[jp] Problems syncing with udev and jpilot-sync

Jason Day jasonday at worldnet.att.net
Tue Jan 18 17:13:30 EST 2005

On Tue, Jan 18, 2005 at 05:59:03PM -0400, Adam Richard wrote:
> This seems to indicate that it's running multiple times, and at different times the
> minor number of the device is different.  I have no clue why udev is doing this.  What
> would happen to jpilot-sync if it was run multiple times while already running?

How have you configured udev to invoke your script?

I have one-touch sync working on my box, but I'm doing it through
hotplug.  I created the file /etc/hotplug/usb/visor, with the following
contents:

---
#!/bin/sh
/usr/bin/logger "Sending J-Pilot sync request."
/bin/su - jday -c "/usr/local/bin/jpilot -s"
---

I did this before I started using udev, but even after I installed udev
this continued to work.

    -- Weyoun-6, Star Trek: Deep Space 9