[jp] Interoperability

Adam Richard g4c9z at unb.ca
Tue Jan 18 12:07:16 EST 2005

What about the iCalendar/vCalendar format for the datebook and the vCard format for the
address book?  Since these are standardized formats (as far as I know), it seems best
to me to have a good datebook program use .ics files and a good address book program
use .vcf files to store their data.  The Palm synchronization could then have conduits
to translate between these formats and .pdb, then synchronize the changes with the Palm
itself.

Unfortunately, I have not found a good address book or datebook program for the PC, and
there's no conduit to do this conversion.  J-Pilot isn't bad, but I dislike the fact
that it integrates everything into one program.  I use it in the meantime because it's
the only synchronization program for Linux that lets me access/modify all my data on
the PC as well as doing synchronization almost properly (better than kde-pim anyway).