[jp] backup fails with "caught signal SIGCHLD"

Jason Day jasonday at worldnet.att.net
Thu Jan 6 11:26:40 EST 2005

On Thu, Jan 06, 2005 at 12:13:38AM -0500, David A. Desrosiers wrote:
> > appending [J9 MIDP Bundle.prc]
> > caught signal SIGCHLD
>
> 	Known "illegal" file with larger-than-allowed resources.
>
> > appending [ImgFile-Foto.prc]
> > caught signal SIGCHLD
>
> 	This one also.
>
> > I tried using the backup settings to exclude these databases from
> > teh backup but I could not get this to work.
>
> 	Which backup were you using? jpilot-backup? Did you exclude
> them by name? Or CreatorID?

The jpilot-backup plugin only excludes databases by name.  But the
message "appending [J9 MIDP Bundle.prc]" is from J-Pilot, not
jpilot-backup.  If you sync by pressing the Backup button in J-Pilot,
then J-Pilot will backup all databases on the palm; the exclusion list
in jpilot-backup does not apply to J-Pilot's builtin backup.

HTH,
Jason

    -- Weyoun-6, Star Trek: Deep Space 9