[jp] GNU/Keyring plugin buglets

David A. Desrosiers hacker at gnu-designs.com
Thu Jan 27 10:13:39 EST 2005

	I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing the following two
small bugs with the GNU/Keyring plugin in J-Pilot:

	1.) Using v1.2.2 or v1.2.3 of GNU/Keyring, I am unable to
	    synchronize categories across. The categories on the Palm
	    side are fine, and readable, but in J-Pilot, they're 8-bit
	    trash.

	2.) The proposed solution to fix this (before I dive into the
	    code and fix it myself), is to remove
	    ~/.jpilot/Keys-Gtkr.pdb and ~/.jpilot/Keys-Gtkr.pc3, and
	    synchronize again. This doesn't work at all, and complains
	    with the following error:

		lastSyncPC = 1294473423
		This PC = 1294473423
		Doing a fast sync.
		Syncing Keys-Gtkr
		Unable to open file: /home/foo/.jpilot/Keys-Gtkr.pdb
		Finished.

	    Hitting F6 to open the plugin, returns the following,
	    every time it is hit:

	    KeyRing: file /home/foo/.jpilot/Keys-Gtkr.pdb not found.
	    KeyRing: Try Syncing.

	    I can pull Keys-Gtkr.pdb from the Palm, using pilot-xfer,
	    and put it into ~/.jpilot, and then interact with the
	    plugin, but categories are still trashed.

	3.) If I remove all the categories defined in GNU/Keyring on
	    the Palm-side and remove Keys-Gtkr.pdb from ~/.jpilot, and
	    synchronize again (with only the Keyring plugin enabled),
	    I then get the above error for every record in GNU/Keyring
	    (about 204 records in my case).

	Has anyone else been experiencing these issues?

David A. Desrosiers
desrod at gnu-designs.com
http://gnu-designs.com