[jp] Add Record: Ctrl-R vs. Apply Changes: Ctrl-Enter -- why?

Lukas Ruf ruf at rawip.org
Tue Jan 11 02:55:55 EST 2005

Dear all,

I appreciate the work done for jpilot!  But working with jpilot daily,
there are some issues I do not understand the design choices of:

What has been the reason that one has to press 'Ctrl-R' to save a
freshly created record but 'Ctrl-Enter' to apply the changes?

Why hasn't it been possible to save all modifications (irrespective of
whether they are to a new or existing record) by 'Ctrl-Enter'?

I work a lot with hotkeys.  Why isn't it possible to cancel the
editting of a record with 'ESC' instead of (painfully) clicking on
another record and clicking on 'No' within the save-modification-dialog?

Thanks for any enlightenment.

wbr,
Lukas
--
Lukas Ruf           | Wanna know anything about raw |
<http://www.lpr.ch> | IP? -> <http://www.rawip.org> |