[jp] Categories lost when syncing

Beirne Konarski beirne at neo.rr.com
Sat May 22 22:36:06 EDT 2004

I'm syncing my new T3 with J-Pilot for the first time.  The records make it
into J-Pilot OK but some categories get lost.  In particular, the Business
category from the Contacts program is gone from the Palm and it doesn't show
up in J-Pilot.  The records are still there but they now show up as Unfiled.
Something similar happened with the Calendar as well.

I previously hotsynced a Clie on the same computer so I got rid of the old
files by removing ~/.jpilot.  I then started J-Pilot and synced from there.
If I sync with pilot-link directly the categories remain as they should.  I
also sync up with 2 Windows systems.

Other details:

jpilot 0.99.7 built by hand
Debian unstable
pilot-link 0.11.8-9 installed from Debian
libpisock 0.11.8-9 installed from Debian

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Beirne

--