[jp] Backup persistant archive

Judd Montgomery judd at jpilot.org
Tue May 18 12:04:08 EDT 2004

David J Patrick said:
> How does it work? Just keeps backing up to the same place ? (ie. one
> archive ?)
> OR never delete an archive (ie. a gazzillion archives) OR something else ?
> Thanks for helping me understand,
> djp
> ps, It looks like I'll have to dig my way out of the back-up hole the
> hard way; one thing at a time via CLI, sigh..

In the preferences there is a place where you can tell it how many
archives to keep.  It will deleted the oldest ones as the number of
archives is exceeded.

You should restore your main pdb files from the ~/.jpilot directory.  They
may be newer than the last backup if you did a sync after the last backup.

Judd