[jp] debian maintainer question

Rodney D. Myers rdmyers at MtPalomar.net
Wed Mar 24 18:11:59 EST 2004

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 23:56:51 +0100
Ludovic Rousseau <ludovic.rousseau at free.fr> wrote:

> Le Tuesday 23 March 2004 à 17:43:49, Rodney D. Myers a écrit:

> > > 	Speaking on his behalf:
> > >
> > > 	Because those are in a package called 'jpilot-plugins'.
>
> Thanks for the answer David.
>
> > Okay, I prefer an all in one package.
>
> If you look in /usr/share/doc/jpilot/changelog.Debian.gz you will see
> that I am not the initial Debian maintainer. The Debian packaging was
> done by Pablo Averbuj in 1999. I just reused his code.
>
> You can also use 'apt-cache show jpilot' or a graphical equivalent
> like synaptic to see that:
>   Package: jpilot
>   Recommends: jpilot-plugins
>   Suggests: jpilot-syncmal, jpilot-mail, jpilot-backup
>
> Bye,

Not a problem.. I was just curious as to "why".

Thanks for the response, and to Dave.

--
Rodney D. Myers <rdmyers at MtPalomar.net>	Registered Linux User #96112
ICQ#:     AIM#:       YAHOO:

        Ben Franklin - 1759