[jp] UTF-8 problems ?

Alan Schmitt alan.schmitt at polytechnique.org
Mon Mar 15 12:23:39 EST 2004

* Alan Schmitt (alan.schmitt at polytechnique.org) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just built today's cvs with gtk2 (and it looks great). However I
> noticed that the display of some of my todos or appointments is cut as
> soon as there is an accent, and I get in the shell:
>
> ** (jpilot:6566): WARNING **: Invalid UTF8 string passed to pango_layout_set_text()
>
> I also get from time to time:
>
> (jpilot:6566): Gtk-CRITICAL **: file ../../gtk/gtktextbuffer.c: line 543 (gtk_text_buffer_emit_insert): assertion `g_utf8_validate (text, len, NULL)' failed

Hello,

I have tried upgrading gtk2, and fetched the current cvs version of
jpilot, and I still have the same problem. Am I the only one or can
someone reproduce it? (to get the problem, enter an accent in some
appointment on the palm, do a sync, and try to see the accented letter
in jpilot)

Alan Schmitt

--
The hacker: someone who figured things out and made something cool happen.
.O.