[jp] Re: GTK2 fails to compile - solved

Rick Lapp rlapp at optonline.net
Tue Mar 9 07:24:21 EST 2004

After failing to compile .99.7 on both SuSE 9.0 and debian unstable (kernel
2.6.3) due to GTK errors, I was able install both using packages.

dpkg -i installed a .deb successfully on the debian machine and worked OK but
sync not tested. This debian install is without GTK2.

Reading the jpilot wiki FAQ, found http://packman.links2linux.de/
download.php?t=b&id=4005 - link to a .99.7 rpm. Installed it with yast -i
which put jpilot into /opt/gnome/bin.
Data is in ~./copilot. My wifi sync to the UX-50 worked well. Fonts look very
nice but not able to select any GTK color files in settings.
Printing working well, monthly and weekly printing nice too.

Date compiled Mar  2 2004 09:57:11
Compiled with these options:
 Installed Path - /opt/gnome
 pilot-link version - 0.11.8