[jp] 0.99.7: build annoyances on Solaris 9.

Jan Johansson janj+jpilot at wenf.org
Sat Mar 6 13:18:27 EST 2004

"David A. Desrosiers" <hacker at gnu-designs.com> wrote:
>> Running make still yields "cc: illegal option -Wall" but thats a minor
>> problem.
>
>	Probably a cc vs. gcc problem. Does it also fail when you use gcc?
>If you don't have it installed, you can pick it up at sunfreeware.com,
>from what I recall.

I have three compilers forte, gcc with sun binutils and gcc
with gnu binutils. I prefer forte because it generates
better code. If I change to gcc there is no problem with -Wall.

>	It should be easy enough to stanza around the CFLAGS for SunOS,
>with a quick autoconf check for that, and add/remove the appropriate
>CFLAGS. An even better approach would be to check the compiler found
>(AC_CHECK_PROG) and use the appropriate flags for cc vs. gcc.

I think checking flags is better, if you check compiler and
handle gcc and forte somone will come along with tendra and then
it will propably brake again.

I posted a suggestion to this earlier.
http://www.jpilot.org/pipermail/jpilot/2004-March/003674.html

>	If nobody else gets to it, I can try to fix that late next week. I
>have some cluster work that has be busy out of state with some scientists
>for the next 5 days.

Have a nice one.