[jp] UTF-8 problems ?

Alan Schmitt alan.schmitt at polytechnique.org
Mon Mar 1 02:42:45 EST 2004

Hi,

I just built today's cvs with gtk2 (and it looks great). However I
noticed that the display of some of my todos or appointments is cut as
soon as there is an accent, and I get in the shell:

** (jpilot:6566): WARNING **: Invalid UTF8 string passed to pango_layout_set_text()

I also get from time to time:

(jpilot:6566): Gtk-CRITICAL **: file ../../gtk/gtktextbuffer.c: line 543 (gtk_text_buffer_emit_insert): assertion `g_utf8_validate (text, len, NULL)' failed

Alan Schmitt

--
The hacker: someone who figured things out and made something cool happen.
.O.