[jp] Instantiating jpilot on a different box

Paul English tallpaul at speakeasy.org
Mon Jun 7 11:38:53 EDT 2004

>   Other than tarring the former ~/.jpilot and scp'ing it to the laptop, is
> there a better way of moving all files to the new "desktop" for purposes of
> synchronization?

why don't you want to do this? I use make updates to my calendar at both
work and home. Whenever I want to fire up jpilot, I check whether I'm
using the most recent .jpilot dir at my location ( ls -l ), if not I run a
script which wipes out .jpilot and scp's it from the other location. You
don't even need to tar.  scp -r works just fine.

Paul