[jp] JPilot and newer Palms (George Fragos)

WJ Arnold PhD wja at chartierarnoldbrock.net
Tue Jun 29 12:50:13 EDT 2004

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 10:00 am, jpilot-request at jpilot.org emailed:

> Today's Topics:
>
>    1. JPilot and newer Palms (George Fragos)

> Message: 1
> Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 16:38:48 -0700
> From: "George Fragos" <fragos at earthlink.net>
> Subject: [jp] JPilot and newer Palms
> To: "J-Pilot List" <jpilot at jpilot.org>
>
> Its getting close to the time to retire my TRGpro.  The newest units have
> expanded databases for things like multiple addresses.  My question is,
> does JPilot work with these Palm OS 5.x.x units, e.g. Tungsten E, for the
> data that is common with Palm OS 3.5.  To be honest if I can't use JPilot
> with these new units I will stick with the TRGpro.

I use jpilot for synching with a palm Tungsten C, which is the same as the E
except that it has a little typewriter keyboard.  Works fine for synch'ing,
but back-ups fail.  I posted about failed back-ups (21May2004) but no
response ever was made on the jpilot list.  I've assumed no-one knows or the
back-up problem is not fixable or not a priority.  Error is:

"Fetching 'Web History' (Creator ID 'webh')... Failed, unable to back up
database"
Then it quits with message "Read DBList returned = -1"
--
wja AT chartierarnoldbrock DOT net
Sent from Linux Kmail, open source and virus free.