[jp] Garmin iQue 3600 (Palm OS v.5.2.1r2) Success

Jim Bradbury jim at bradbury.org
Sun Jun 20 12:49:13 EDT 2004

Hello, All,

I just installed Fedora Core 2 and downloaded and installed J-Pilot 0.99.7.
I was expecting problems, but everything went flawlessly - even jpilot-syncmal
works great with Avantgo.  I hadn't used jpilot in a couple of years when
I had it working with my Palm-IIIxe over the serial port.  It just took me
two tries with sym-link of /dev/pilot to find the right USB port.
ln -s /dev/usb/ttyUSB0 /dev/pilot
works for me on my system.

One Question: I have PILOTRATE=115200 in my .bashrc file.  Is this required,
or should I remove it now that I'm using USB instead of the serial port?

Now that my Garmin is working with J-Pilot, I'm using Linux (my OS of choice)
a lot more than Win2K on my dual-boot system.

Thanks to all who have worked on J-Pilot to make it the great product
that it is.

Long live Linux and J-Pilot.

-= Jim =-