[jp] Syncing headaches

Donn Washburn n5xwb at hal-pc.org
Fri Jun 11 21:26:42 EDT 2004

Hey Group;

I have SuSE9.0 and old GTK+ files which I upgraded to get jpilot
working.  It is a very nice looking program.  However, hot syncing is a
real headache.  It does seem that it will sync once but if it fails and
the problem is resolved it will not sync almost to the leave of
rebooting.  I have killed the jpilot process and plugged and unplugged
the known USB port cable.   Hot Sync on the Palm before and after
Jpilots sync.

This is a new machine with USB 2 and 1. It does seem that it works
better if the Palm is Hot Synced right after the Jpilot Sync is pushed.

Anyone out there got this Sync problem figured out?

--
73 de Donn Washburn      __ " http://www.hal-pc.org/~n5xwb "
Ham Callsign N5XWB      / /     __  __  __  __  __ __  __