[jp] Syncing a Clie TJ25 with Mandrake 9.1 -- help!

John Pettigrew john at headstrong-games.co.uk
Thu Jan 22 05:05:05 EST 2004

In a previous message, Marc Cellucci <marc at tiger-marmalade.com> wrote:

> > > Hmmm... I tried adding the vendor and product codes, and it still
> > > gives me a "not claimed by any active driver" message.  I tried it
> > > several times, and it's still a no go.
> >

> > Did you include the all-important (but unmentioned) compilation step?
> > Unless you compile this module and get it running, changing the source
> > won't do anything...
>
> Hmmm... that may be it.  If there's an unmentioned step, that means I
> didn't do it! :)  How does one do the compilation step?  Again, sorry for
> the newbie-ness...

Ah. I'm not sure - the precise sequence of commands varies with the distro.
Could someone more knowledgeable about kernel module compilation (and
Mandrake in particular) give us a hint? It should only need this one module
compiled, rather than the whole kernel so it shouldn't be too big a job.

John
--
John Pettigrew                       Headstrong Games
john at headstrong-games.co.uk          Fun : Strategy : Price