[jp] CVS problems

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Sun Feb 22 21:35:12 EST 2004

I do not normally download from CVS, but since 0.99.7 seems so well
liked already I decided to try it.

I have a problem with the download.

1. There is no configure file in the stuff that gets downloaded.
      I thought I could handle that so I copied the configure file from
my copy of the 0.99.6 release
      All seemed to go well until it attempted to create the Makefile.
2.  There is no Makefile.in in the download from CVS.

Please help with instructions on exactly what needs to be done after
downloading a copy from CVS in order to compile.
This was downloaded clean, so I had no earlier CVS copy to update/use,
and obviously am missing at least 2 of the required files for the compile.

Running RH9 and had everything needed for the 0.99.6 version.

Thanks in advance.
Jeff