[jp] addres book & categories

Rodney D. Myers rdmyers at MtPalomar.net
Mon Dec 20 23:16:34 EST 2004

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 23:23:54 +0100
Olaf Schulz <jpilot at village.in-berlin.de> wrote:

> Hallo Rodney,
> am Sat, 11.12.2004 um  7:48 h -0800 schriebst Du:
> > I'm using Debian Sarge & Jpilot 0.99.7-0.99.8.
> >
> > When I create categories withing jpilot, I can only have a certain
> > amount.
>
> The Palm OS 3.x and 4.x databases all support only up to 15 (+Unfiled)
> categories by design.

Not really sure which revision I'm running, as I bought it used.

> > When I create categories on my Pam Tungsten W, I can create numerous
> > ones,  but jpilot does not show them all.
>
> Does the Palm Tungsten W (with Palm OS 5, I suppose) support more than
> 15 categories (+ "Unfiled")?
>
> As far as I learnt in this list the Palm OS 5 standard applications
> maintain a second "compatibility database" in the "old" (OS 3 and 4)
> format which is synced by jpilot. How does your Tungsten map its
> numerous categories to the limited compatibility database?

15 categories (+ Unfiled), just created 4 more to check it out.

Not sure what you mean by "how does it map"?

> > Is this a normal behaviour?
>
> This will lead to a more general question how an application should
> behave which claims to be comaptible with Palm OS 3.x and 4.x data.
>
> Olaf

Good question ;-)

--
Rodney D. Myers <rdmyers at MtPalomar.net>
Registered Linux User #96112

        Ben Franklin - 1759