[jp] meta plugin?

David A. Desrosiers hacker at gnu-designs.com
Sun Dec 5 12:07:21 EST 2004

> Ah .. the wonderful world of open source software development !
> Would a more solid stream of donations help ?

	Not really, unless those donations were in the form of Palm
hardware to test these changes upon.

	Right now, we rely mostly on the users' Palm devices and
testing to help us figure out buglets and changes as they happen in
the OS (like the most-recent find of a possible chip-level bug in the
T5 and Zire31 devices). Most of us have a range of Palm devices, but
very few of us have "overlapping" devices, so that more than one
pilot-link developer can test the same code on the same device at the
same time.

	This is our biggest hurdle, staying in lockstep with Palm's
changes to their device and the OS on it (I use the noun "Palm" here
to encompass both palmOne and Palmsource in this instance)

David A. Desrosiers
desrod at gnu-designs.com
http://gnu-designs.com