[jp] ePocrates and Linux, JPilot, SyncMal

Ralph Alvy ralvy at warpmail.net
Fri Sep 19 00:13:59 EDT 2003

So, Jason, does this mean I can somehow use MALSync to update my
ePocrates on my PDA?:

A quick google provided the answer in 30 seconds:

        https://image.epocrates.com/headlines/story/10009.html

        "Originally developed by AvantGo (http://www.avantgo.com), Mobile
         Application Link has been released into the public domain as
         open
         source. As a testimony to the power of open source code, the
         programmers at ePocrates customized the original MAL program to
         enable ePocrates Rx to update its files while maintaining custom
         options such as user-specified drug categories. This
         customization
         has no effect on other programs which may use the MAL interface,
         including AvantGo itself."