[jp] Installing to card

Sarah George slgeo1 at telstra.com
Mon Sep 15 20:22:48 EDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: Jeff Vian <jvian10 at charter.net>
Date: Tuesday, September 16, 2003 7:24 am
Subject: Re: [jp] Installing to card

> from your messages below it appears the device is seen as sdb
> and/or sdc.
> since it is a mass storage device it must be partitioned and
> formatted,
> then it can be used.

The palm pilot itself is capable of formatting SD cards, and I prefer to
use its format feature because I'm more confident that the result will
work with the palm pilot :)

The "Card Info" program that came with my palm pilot (in Applications,
category "System") lets you format SD cards, and I figure the less
options it offers me (eg format types), the less I can mess up.

-- Sarah