[jp] recommend a word processor?

Brenda Wallace brenda at wallace.net.nz
Tue Sep 9 19:09:31 EDT 2003

if only it was that easy...

i've found that documents to go does not look for palmdocs.
dtg can read and write them, but it will only allow you to open them if
you have synced the palm doc to the pda using it's software. it doesn't
seem to ever notice palm docs created by other programs, or synced
outside the docs to go windows conduit..

i tried using word smith for a while. i found that it is much better at
supporting my foldup keyboard. (some of the keys never worked in docs to
go).
but unfortuantely words smith isn't very good at reading palm docs. i
created and converted from docs using abiword, copied these to MMC and
read in my TT. all these documents were readable perfectly in palm
reader, so i'm happy the files are okay. but word smith only shows parts
of these files, usually something in the middle of the docs, along with
some garbage characters.

so, my quest for a decent word processor continues.

--

Brenda Wallace
DDI +64 4 916 7213