[jp] Backup problem with Tungsten-T with latest update
bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Tue May 13 03:51:46 EDT 2003
On Tue, 13 May 2003 08:37:23 +0100 in
20030513083723.5a6014c5.bdm at fenrir.org.uk Brian Morrison
<bdm at fenrir.org.uk> wrote:
> On Mon, 12 May 2003 20:58:59 -0400 in
> 20030513005859.GO508 at worldnet.att.net Jason Day
> <jasonday at worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> > On Mon, May 12, 2003 at 11:35:53PM +0100, Brian Morrison wrote:
> > > I've upgraded my Tungsten with the latest fix from Palm and now an
> > > seeing problems when the backup plugin runs. When it tries to sync
> > > the new Net_Library.prc it seems that something about this file
> > > causes the Palm to stop sending and the USB interface times out.
> > >
> > > I've tried telling it not to backup that one file, but it makes no
> > > difference.
> > >
> > > Any ideas how to cure this, or should I be asking on the
> > > pilot-link list?
> > Try doing a backup with pilot-link: pilot-xfer -p <port> -b
> > /tmp/backup
> > If that won't work either, then it's not a problem with the plugin,
> > and we'll have to ask the pilot-link folks for help.
> OK, I've tried that and pilot-link falls over on the same file. Looks
> like it is not JPilot that's at fault.
> The symptoms are very simple. Everything is proceeding until this
> Backing up /tmp/backup/halsnd_dsplib.prc
> Backing up /tmp/backup/BtLib.prc
> Backing up /tmp/backup/HALSndLib.prc
> Backing up /tmp/backup/Net Library.prc Segmentation fault
> [bdm at ickx bdm]$
> There is no trace of the file netlib in the /tmp/backup directory.
> Just before this occurs the console window shows:
> ickx kernel: usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
> FYI the update replaces a few of the flash ROM files with updated ones
> in RAM, the failing file is one of them. I don't know whether this is
> caused by the file itself, or if it just happens that a certain amount
> of data has been transferred. I have about 4.5 megs free in RAM, so
> there is something like 9.5 megs of data to transfer in total.
> Any assistance very welcome, this rather breaks my backup strategy :(
And I should have added that I have pilot-link 0.11.7 built from source
and then installed into RedHat 7.3 using checkinstall to create an RPM.
The 0.11.7 source was unpatched in any way over that downloaded from
I will try and pop up on IRC later on today, evening time in the UK I
bdm at fenrir dot org dot uk
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Jpilot