[jp] Zire 71 Camera photos retrieval

Judd Montgomery judd at jpilot.org
Tue May 6 22:36:18 EDT 2003

Someone was asking about the Zire 71 built in camera formats last week.
  Well, someone was nice enough to have figured out the format, so I
wrote some code to retrieve the files.

The first program is called pilot-foto for now.
It will connect to the palm and fetch the photos and save them as jpeg
files.  There is also an option to convert *.jpg.pdb files on disk to
*.jpg.  This can come in handy after doing a backup.

My intent is to get this accepted into pilot-link.  Maybe it should
merge with read-palmpix.(?)

The second is foto.so.  It is a J-Pilot plugin and for now just fetches
the files and saves them in ~/.jpilot as *.jpg files.

http://www.jpilot.org/testing/Foto.tar.gz

Feel free to test these out and report problems.  Also report if they
work with the Palm add-on cameras.  There is no autoconf since these
will be probably be put into other packages in the future.

I want to thank chipx86 at gnupdate.org for his work in converting the pdb
file format to jpeg.

Judd