[jp] Undeletable files

John Pettigrew john at headstrong-games.co.uk
Mon Mar 24 14:36:15 EST 2003

In a previous message, Jerry Feldman wrote:

> On Mon, 24 Mar 2003 17:54:41 GMT
> John Pettigrew <john at headstrong-games.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > I have some files that I cannot delete, even as root.
[snip]
> > I get permission denied to do an ls -la on these directories as root,
> I suggest that you try to change the owner and the permissions.

I get permission denied, just as when trying ls -la. Sorry, I should have
said!

> I also suggest that you unmount the directory where the files are
> located and run fsck on it.

Could be tricky - it's the root partition. However, I'll be powering the
system down this evening so when I start it up again tomorrow, it'll run an
fsck anyway. Let's hope that fixes it!

Thanks

John
--
John Pettigrew                         Headstrong Games
john at headstrong-games.co.uk            Fun : Strategy : Price