[jp] Cannotdelete/home/bob/.jpilot/Backup/Archive_2003-xx-xxfiles

Jason Day jasonday at worldnet.att.net
Sun Mar 23 19:05:52 EST 2003

On Sun, Mar 23, 2003 at 04:35:15PM -0700, Bob Collins wrote:
> Could this file possibly have be written by a database administration
> userid inside the code?  Unless the file is corrupted I cannot think of
> any reason that root has no authority over it.  The following commands
> will not work for root against this file ls, mv, cp, cat & chown.  All
> give permission denied.

Does reiserfs support file attributes?  Does it have the equivalent of
the chattr command?  Maybe the file has been somehow marked immutable,
but I still don't see why ls would get a permission denied error.  Have
your tried the reiser fsck on the partition?

Jason

    -- Weyoun-6, Star Trek: Deep Space 9