[jp] Re: problem in todo.c, proposed fix

terry at terrytraub.org terry at terrytraub.org
Thu Mar 13 17:32:31 EST 2003

A deafening silence ensued.  Is this the wrong forum in which to post bug
fixes?  Are bug fixes even wanted?  Please advise.
-Terry

: Hi,
: I am trying to import a todo file and jpilot 0.99.5 consistently seg faults. Code trace
: reveals a null pointer assignment in todo.c pc_todo_write().  I hacked the code
: as below:
:
: 297c297,299
: <    *unique_id = br.unique_id;
: ---
: >    if (unique_id != NULL) {
: >        *unique_id = br.unique_id;
: >    }
:
: Sorry, I have no idea how to submit this as a patch, or whether it may have side
: effects.  Anyway it worked in that I could do my import.  I was restoring files
: to my Handera after a brief fling with a Sony NZ90.  It's a nice PDA but too
: much of a brick for my needs.  Maybe an M515?