[jp] If it ain't broke ...?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Mar 8 00:51:35 EST 2003

On Fri, 7 Mar 2003, Judd Montgomery wrote:

> Other people liked them.  I guess you can't please them all.  Take these
> 4 files from older source and recompile.
> address.xpm  datebook.xpm memo.xpm  todo.xpm

  Ah! Many thanks, Judd.

> It wouldn't be too hard to have jpilot load these from a file at startup
> either.  I may just do that.

  I've noticed over the years that linux is becoming less and less flexible
this way. Olivier decided that he liked flat buttons on the xfce window
frames so he made that the default. Some of us -- me included -- prefer the
3D look. We keep marketing choices with open source software and I've come
to really like that. We can choose distributions, editors, word processors,
and so on, so it's natural to want to choose the appearance of the monitor
in front of which we spend too many hours each day.

  I would very much appreciate being able to select the buttons and other
appearance-related items (such as we can -- to greater or lesser extents --
with the overall color scheme). The benefit to you, the Developer-in-Chief,
is that you _can_ please all of the people all of the time. :-)

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
 + 1 503-667-4517 (voice) | + 1 503-667-8863 (fax) | rshepard at appl-ecosys.com